re: removing TR4A Door Check Straps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: removing TR4A Door Check Straps
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 04:32:41 EST
Ben,
The late TR4 and TR4A 'door check straps' come out by going through the side
access hole if you remove the carpeted side panels. No need to remove the
rivets. Just remove the strap pin from the door and push the strap into the
cavity
and out the side hole (remove carpeted side panels first).
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
--------
Is it possible to remove and replace the TR4A door check straps without
removing anything but the rivet that secures them to the doors?  There
doesn't seem to be enough clearance inside the square hole in the A pillar
to get them completely out.  But I'm hesitating to try very hard for fear of
dinging up my fresh paint job.  Any tricks, or do I have to drill out the
rivets on the door side of the post to remove them?
Ben Zwissler