silver slotted aluminum wafer-like discs

To: dorpaul@negia.net
Subject: silver slotted aluminum wafer-like discs
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:58:31 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Paul,
     The TR3 requires four of these disks. They go on the front frame brace that
goes up at a 45 degree angle to the top of the shock tower. They fit between
the body and the frame. Without them, your TR body will sag a bit. They take a
little rubber washer on each side. I think that you can see them in the MOSS
catalog on the page for the frame mounting bolts.
     If you drive your car without them, the body will sag and it is really
difficult to get new ones in. You may have to take out the mounting bolts at
the front corners and use a jack to unsag the car.
     Have fun.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:16:31 -0500
From "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul at negia.net>
Subject: round silver slotted aluminum wafer-like discs

How many of those round silver (ab 2" diameter and 3/8" thick) slotted
aluminum wafer-like discs are there suppose to be under my '60 TR3A?  Were
they intended as 'support sandwiches'?  Where should they go?  At every
juncture with the frame?  Can I substitute cork (or better) glass coasters?
jk

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
'60 TR3A