Re: High altitude mixture compensation

To: DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High altitude mixture compensation
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:21:44 EDT
Maybe it's not necessary to adjust carbs for Lake Tahoe CA's high altitude -
but after a couple days in Tahoe coming from sea level I did readjust my mix
and I THINK it helped - I just have no real proof.
Hopefully this years Triumphest attendees will tell us about any higher
altitude carb adjustments they make and their results.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<< I also live in the Bay area, Sonoma County. I've driven my TR-6 to Tahoe
uncounted times and never found it necessary to readjust carbs (175 CDs). Must
admit though that overall power is reduced minimally. Not a problem for me
since I don't do autocross etc, just drive the highways.

Deano >>

Check out the new British Cars Forum: