Spare rings anyone?? 6.27.0.4; VDF: 6.27.0.10; host: imx2.tcd.ie)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spare rings anyone?? 6.27.0.4; VDF: 6.27.0.10; host: imx2.tcd.ie)
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:51:18 +0100
Hi all,
My TR2 engine rebuild is proceeding slowly but steadily and is quite
satisfying and different from my experience with Herald based
engines. Anyway, yesterday I got a little too excited and managed to
chip the ends off the top ring and the oil control ring while NOT
using my ring compressor properly. I am fitting 83mm +20thou piston
and liner set. My option is to buy the full set of +20 from Moss, but
thought it was worth checking if anybody out there might have these
items lurking away in a dark corner of the garage. I have in my
possession three sets of std. 83mm rings, made by AE, C+E and another
I can't remember the name of, could trade or buy whichever suits.
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: