Re: Trailer Hitch for a TR6

To: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Trailer Hitch for a TR6
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:46:03 -0700
Cc: tr list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I made one for my TR4A, and pulled about 1000 lbs of trailer with no
problem (12' sail boat, small utility trailer).  I had an angle iron
welded across the end of the frame, then attached the tongue to the
cross tube under the boot floor and the angle iron.  The tongue was a
length of steel something like 3/4" x 2", bent into a bit of an "S"
shape to get tongue up a bit.  I removed the tongue when I wasn't using
it.

I'm not sure how much this will apply to a TR6, but it worked for me.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L

Check out the new British Cars Forum: