Re: Bugeye in the funny pages

To: steven@newellboys.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye in the funny pages
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:05:20 EDT
In a message dated 8/13/2004 4:03:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steven@newellboys.com writes:

...More  surprising was the bugeye on the comics page
I spotted over lunch. The  character is in high school and her father has
given her permission to  "look" at cars; she's shopping with her brother
I  think....

Yeah, pretty cool! I'm waiting for a future installment where Luann ends up
with a Herald!

:-)

Before you all start in on me, cartoonist Greg Evans has in the past
mentioned Heralds twice and actually featured a Herald in a third strip. Turns
out
that the second car he ever owned was a Herald! VTR got permission to  reprint
those "Herald-themed" strips several years ago in their magazine.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: