RE: Frame fatigue

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Frame fatigue
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:38:51 -0700
> I had heard that once cars get up around 350k-500k miles you have
> to start worrying about metal fatigue in the frame and other
> mechanically stressed parts.  I always wondered if that was true,
> so I'm wondering if you have experienced any problems like this.

No, not that I'm aware of anyway.  The frame does flex more than I would
like, but AFAIK it's always been like that and doesn't show any signs of
getting worse.

The thought has occurred to me to try to incorporate a 6-point rollcage in
the bodywork, to help reinforce the frame, but it's never been more than a
thought.

Randall