Re: TR4 tyres

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 tyres
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:12:21 +0100
Hi Bob
By reasonable price do you mean budget brands, or mid price brands, if mid
price please ignore this message!! ;-)
Please have a think on this one! You are putting tyres on a vehicle which
was a thoroughbred in its day, consider putting on tyres that will do it
justice, I think it would be a shame to miss out on the potential of your
car because the tyres were less than optimum for the task in hand.
I'm not suggesting top price tyres, but try some of the mid to upper mid
range tyres, and why not consider a wider tyre say 185/70x15 which would
only give a 0.8% speedo error yet would give you a 20mm wider contact patch!

Just a thought!

Graham.