RE: Tr3a Link rod & jet levers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a Link rod & jet levers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:00:32 -0700
> I just received my order for the following:
>
> The long link rod to the bell crank lever, I noticed that it came with new
> ball pivots, cool really.  The question is..how do I install this?  Do the
> old pivots simply screw out

Yup, although you may have a little trouble finding a wrench that will fit
onto the flats on the new pivots.  They likely don't come apart the way the
originals did (which is a good thing).  I used an "ignition" wrench on mine.

> I also ordered Jet levers and they seem to be brass, my thought
> is to polish to a nice shine, other opinions?

Whatever floats yer Amphicar !

But I believe the factory finish was "as cast".  Appears to have been a
metal mold (rather than sand), so the finish was fairly smooth but certainly
not polished.

Randall