RE: A very "cool" Problem

To: "'chipbull'" <chipbull@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A very "cool" Problem
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:07:59 -0500
Hi Chip,

I had a similar problem in a non TR.  It wound up being a non vented fuel
system....  Do this simple test, after you drive to the market or wherever,
pop the fuel filler cap.  If it rushes air or hisses, that is most likely
the same problem I had.  You should be able to start right up without
waiting.....   The 1-1/2 is about the exact amount of time I had to wait to
restart until I found the problem.  I guess it took that long for air to
seep back in through the plugged vent....

May not be your problem, but it is an easy test...

Bill