Its alive

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Its alive
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:40:02 +1200
Well there was rubbish in the carbies so I put in a fuel filter.
Still it would not start so I static timed it for the 6th time.
Still would not go.
The fuel had been in the tank for 2 years so I added new petrol but I
suspected that the petrol in the lines would be the old stale lot so I got a
sponge and emptied the fuel bowls on the SU's and added new petrol. Still
would not go.
So I thought that it must be my old spark plugs.
So I went down to Repco and purchased a condenser but when I showed them the
plugs one kind gentleman recommended that I clean them then try starting.
I cleaned and regapped them (the gaps were already spot on) and
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it started.
What a great sound as the garage filled with exhaust fumes.

Jim and his almost mobile TR4