Re: World's most expensive TR6!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: World's most expensive TR6!!
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:26:15 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/04 3:27:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dspence@oanet.com
writes:

<< http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/2/8/72276228.htm >>

I can't get the pictures to come up full size but, I can tell the  $ 15,000
trailer is useless.  With most all the storage area _behind_ the axle, tongue
weight will go negative with any load.  Empty tongue weight has to be near zero!

There is a trick to this kind of advertising, ask a super high price to gain
exposure, then if someone offers half of the asking price take the money and
run.

It might also be a "look what I built", (" I have no intent to sell")

As the story goes, the "Billy Beer" craze was started by a New York guy who
placed a ad in the WSJ for a $ 1,000 six pack.  This got peoples interest so he
then started offering ( under a different number) the same stuff at a greatly
reduced ( but still inflated ) price.  The craze started when rumors of
someone paying $ 1,000 for a 6.  " Gee, at 300 the stuff is a bargain, I can
turn
it over and make a fast buck"

Beanie Babies, Baseball cards, Teddy Ruxpin and other fad collectibles are no
different.

Harold