Re: 165/80-R13 rubs on GT6/spit?

To: mountainunicycle@yahoo.com (Steve Myers), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 165/80-R13 rubs on GT6/spit?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:36:32 -0400
In a message dated 6/24/2004 2:45:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mountainunicycle@yahoo.com writes:

> Thanks for all the tire advice... a follow up question...
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny that 165/80-R13 tires rub on a GT6 (mk3 if
> it matters) or spitfire with factory wheels?

=====

I don't think you'll have any rubbing problems with a 165/80-R13 tire on a
Spitfire, based on personal experience. I currently (not by choice, some PO
installed them) have that size tire on 3.5" rims on my Herald; no problem
there. And I've also seen that size on 4.5" wire wheels on a Spitfire; again,
no problem.

I still prefer 175/70, though, and that's what my daily Herald is about to get
for now. ;-)

--Andy Mace