RE: Heater Core Update

To: terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Heater Core Update
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:36:48 -0700 FILETIME=[55B1F3D0:01C45983]
Terry - When I had my heater core redone by the local radiator shop, it came
back unpainted.  They said that if they had painted it, it would begin to
smell when it heated up.  So, I too am interested in others' experiences
with painting heater cores.

David Gunn
TS3388L
TR2 in Chico, CA

>From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
>To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Heater Core Update
>Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:55:52 -0400
>
>Hello, everyone.
>
>While I am not fond of being taken for a ride (as in duped), it is my hope
>that I generate enough respect in people that at least they feel the need
>engage in some subtlety about it.
>
>After three months Merrill's Radiator Shop called me to pronounce my heater
>core toast, that it was completely blocked to water passage.  They offered
>replace it for $650.  I e-mailed this list with my woe...and suspicion,
>since
>cores list for $400 in Moss and go used for less than a quarter that on
>e-bay.
>
>I picked up the heater core yesterday and did my own examination.  It
>immediately passed rusty water, albeit slowly and with some scales.  But
>after
>5 minutes of back and forth flushing with hot water, water was blowing
>clean
>through the passages with no hint of an obstruction.
>
>So, since they didn't paint the radiator either, anybody know of a good
>paint
>for these things?
>
>And how do you get the electric motor out?
>
>Terry Smith
>'59 TR3A  (Body off, rest back on!)

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE