RE: TR2-6 Brake performance

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR2-6 Brake performance
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:08:06 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i5LL8VOJ005344
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>Sure it is, in terms of distance traveled.  Work is force (which is nearly
constant because the coefficient of friction is nearly constant) times
distance; the change in kinetic energy is directly proportional to the work
done on the car.
<

OK, OK.  A little misunderstanding.  I'm talking in terms of elapsed time,
you're talking in terms of distance covered.  I guess we could always
express it in terms of deciBells.

One of the best leasons I learned in thermodynamic class was to work out
the units first.  If you get units of seconds-squared divided by
feet-pounds-BTU's then the math will be wrong, too.

Dave