Starting problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Starting problems
From: Andreas and Jim <diggle@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:37:45 +1200
Firstly thankyou to the people who helped me diagnose the clutch noise
problem.
It was in fact the flywheel bolts rubbing against that small plate at the
bottom of the bell housing.
After taking another look at my bits and pieces I realised that the previous
owner had added two thin washers to ensure that the plate sat out slightly
from the bell housing.

My car has sat around for a few years at a time and as a result it is very
hard to start.
It starts (for a few seconds) when I squirt easy start (ether) down the carbs
but otherwise won't easily start.
Would carb problems cause this?
Is there a site with tech info re overhauling the SU carbs on my 62 TR4.
PS Fuel is getting to the carbs.

Jim Vass
Down here in New Zealand with a black TR4.