Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:10:21 -0400
> few cylinders then suddenly die back to idle.  Then it .finally crapped
out.

Hi, Wayne.

I'm not sure how you trouble shoot problems, so perhaps I am being overly
simplistic for you.  Probably am.

Engine problems are either electrical or fuel.  Something like this might be
either (i.e., a bad fuel filter that settles out when the car sits, but
plugs when the fuel roils up).  Might be fine until under load.

So check fuel pressure to the carbs is one thought.

A second thought is, when the car is experiencing its roughness, check spark
at the plugs at each cylinder.  If you're not getting spark, move backwards
testing until you do get it.  Then you know where your problem is.