oil problem

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil problem
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:16:23 -0500
While out on a night cruise of the neighborhood, I experienced a sudden and
complete loss oil pressure, confirmed by two separately switched indicators
(a gauge and an idiot light).  I have no apparent leaks and the sump is
full, but zero on the oil pressure.  It has to be a problem with the oil
pump or drive.  Fortunately, I was able to immediately shut it down and
coast into another family members driveway, so I don't think there was any
internal damage (I ran it for 15 or 20 seconds there after that and it
sounded fine).

ISTR that a failure of the key in the shaft can cause this.  I assume, when
I get it home tomorrow that it will not be a major fix, but any suggestions
as to how to diagnosis and approach the problem would be appreciated.  Also,
any other educated guesses as to a possible cause?

TIA

Ken Gano