Re: My opinion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My opinion
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:01:00 EDT
Someone in another post wrote:

<< <And, as I've pointed out before, TRF is owned by a genuine Triumph
 enthusiast (unlike their competition).  Moss in particular has made no
 secret of the fact that they are shifting their focus to other, larger
 markets> >>

I didn't read the start of this thread, but what is wrong with moving into
other markets?

What year was the last Triumph produced?

What year was the last TR-6 produced?

The market will continue to shrink, moving into other brands to keep a
business going is common.

Edelbrock a USA based performance parts company was started in 1938.  They
made intake manifolds for flat head Fords.  Over the years they branched out
making parts for other brands.

The V8 street racer is slowly shrinking, how many cars can you get with a V8
these days?  How many really need better intake manifolds? ( not many)
Edelbrock now makes parts for Motorcycles and Japanese cars to support the
shrinking
V8 business.  Why?  Because that is where the market is.

Harold          With no allegiance to any Brit part vendor since the only
Brit stuff I have is a Triumph Herald gas tank and headlight buckets ;+)