Re: TR3A oil pump drive shaft

To: Ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A oil pump drive shaft
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:25:48 EDT
In a message dated 06/13/2004 10:08:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> Ed, why do you think this is a worn shaft/bushing rather than the worn rod
> bearings that would normally accompany low oil pressure (and also rattle
> under some conditions) ?  Worn rod, main and cam bearings are the usual
> causes of low oil pressure (and are the main reasons that low oil pressure
> is a problem).

I think I may be reading too much into the comments made in Williams (" How
to restore ...") manual. It could easily be worn rod, main and cam bearings. I
think also, the rattle/flutter ... low pressure etc is also more in my head
than in the performance of the vehicle, however the speedo shows 70K now and I
have yet to do any bottom end work. If all goes well this driving season (until
December or so here in the NE) I will be looking into this at the "maintenace
interval" (Jan-March).

Ed