Disappointment

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Disappointment
From: Dale VanCleef <dalebonn@netnitco.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 19:14:37 -0500
Friday, we finally we had a beautiful day here in NW Indiana USA.  I
couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive my '73 TR6 to work.  What a
joy!  On the way home, while pulling away from a stop sign,  I heard two
clunks from the rear of the car.  My exact thought was, "That can't be
good."  When I let the clutch in at the next stop sign, it didn't move.
With the help of a good samaritan, I shoved it to the side of the road.
While waiting for a wrecker, I got 4 compliments on the "cool car".  I
guess that's worth something.  1/2 an hour later, it was loaded on a
flat bed wrecker and heading home.  While pushing it into the garage, I
could hear something bumping/banging/clanking around under the rear of
the car.  I haven't had time to get under it to see what broke.   Sadly,
it may be a while before I can spend much time on it.

Is there anything obvious and/or easy that I should check out first?

--
Dale VanCleef
'73 TR6 - CF985U