RE: if the TR3 were made today

To: "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <Btmfdchn@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: if the TR3 were made today
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:30:08 +0100
> From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]
> On Behalf Of Randall Young
>
> Have you looked at a modern Morgan ?  Granted they still look like a kit
> car
> ... but IMO the resemblance to a classic Morgan ends there.  Not one body
> panel is the same, I'll bet not one suspension or frame piece is the same
> (no wood to be found), and I know the motor and transmission is not the
> same.  Rear axle is dubious too (but I haven't been under one to check).
>
> http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=7267
>
> "The frame is an interesting combination of rectangular aluminum tubes
> that
> are reinforced with bonded and riveted aluminum panels"
>
> Sure doesn't sound like a Morgan to me !!

Hi Randall,
To be fair, you are quoting the blurb on one model, the Aero 8. If you visit
the Morgan website you will see that the +8 and 3 variants of the
traditional 4/4 are still very much in production. The company regularly
lends one off the production line to the owners club, for display at one of
the classic car shows in my area. Last one I saw looked very traditional
indeed without any of it's outer panelling in place.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232