TR motor Q1- what is it? 6.25.0.60; VDF: 6.25.0.81; host: imx2.tcd.ie)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR motor Q1- what is it? 6.25.0.60; VDF: 6.25.0.81; host: imx2.tcd.ie)
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:44:46 +0100
Hi folks,
My TR2 block is finally back from the machine shop (6months!!). So re
assembly will commence anon. Just as a warm up of the many questions
that no doubt will follow, here is a what is it Q. I am now getting
together all the parts from the motor that I re furbished while the
block and head were away. Everything was bagged and where need be
labeled. I have found 1 item though I cannot see in the exploded
diagrams of the manuals. It is an oily disc the same diameter as the
crank oil thrower and with a hole the same size in the center.
However it is made from some sort of composite material like rubber
and canvas. Can anyone tell me where it goes, please?
Grazie
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)