Re: Advice on Replacing an Instrument Cluster

To: Stephen Peca <sppchicago@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Advice on Replacing an Instrument Cluster
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 06:58:09 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
First things first.  Contact Fred Thomas and ask him to powder coat your
intrument panel in black crinkle.  He does a fantatic job and it looks
just like stock.

For reassembly I install and connect all the guages in the instrument
pannel.  When I install the guages I am careful to get as much slack
wire and cable as possible.  then once the guages are installed I start
the top two wing nuts while the panel is still outside the dash.  Then I
tilt the guage pannel top toward the dash until I can feed the top studs
into the their receiving slots in the dash.  Once the top studs are
started I line up the bottom studs with their holes and seat the
pannel.  Then I tighten all the wing nuts.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom