Re: TR4A solid axle

To: Peter.Murray@mwkl.co.uk (Peter Murray), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A solid axle
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:38:54 -0400
In a message dated 6/23/2004 8:20:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Peter.Murray@mwkl.co.uk writes:

> Can anyone confirm that the TR4A solid axle exported to the
> USA had an IRS
> chassis.
> If so, are there any problems converting it to IRS?

=====

Peter, I'm not positive, but I believe that the live-axle car frames lacked
some of the "bridgework" that supported the IRS differential. If you could
locate such bits from an IRS frame, I'm sure they could be swapped over.

On the other hand, some would argue to leave well enough alone. :-)

--Andy Mace