RE: Request for advice

To: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Request for advice
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:49:26 -0700
> It looks like I will have a TR6 overdrive transmission that has been
> disassembled (although not the overdrive!) and I would like to have a
> recommendation on a shop in the northern or southern California area that
> might be able to reassemble it and then ship it to me for
> installation in a
> new project car that I hope to take delivery of in northern
> California in a few weeks.

Jim, if you're willing to wait longer than a few weeks, then I would
certainly recommend Herman van den Akker.  Herman does outstanding work, and
his fees are reasonable for the quality of work.  He has a lot of experience
with these transmissions, and knows things to check that aren't mentioned in
any of the books.  He also stands behind his work.

Herman van den Akker
1200 Freeman Dr.
Pine Mountain Club,  CA  93222
661-242-1253
handhvan@msn.com

I assume you're aware that you'll need some non-OD pieces to use your
transmission without OD.  If memory serves, which mainshaft you need will
depend on which gearset is in it.  Herman will most likely have those pieces
on hand (for a reasonable price).  If not, let me know.

Randall