RE: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> i5LHoxRJ027582
Subject: RE: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:49:00 -0400
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>Jack chain doesn't stand up well to shock loads, like doors slamming open
against it, because the links are only bent together.  I'd recommend a
welded twisted link chain, like that used for dog collars, etc.
<

Upon re-reading I realize we are talking cross purposes.  If you are
refering to the type of chain used on choker chains then that is a good
choice being esthetically appealing and strong.  Much better than the
galvanized dog chain sold by the foot.

Since I am not a dog owner it took me a while to make the connection.  And
ever since the ring was installed in my nose ... um never mind.  ;-)

Dave