TR3 Brake Fluid Reservoir

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Brake Fluid Reservoir
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:30:59 -0400
Hi all - I had the reservoir (cylinders, etc.) PC'd - while re-assembling, I
wondered if I was missing any gaskets, washers, etc. (had been some evidence a
PO had taken apart).

Moss shows it as an assembled unit, and the neither the TR2/3 Parts Catalogue
and Service Manual I have don't illustrate the later separate reservoir.

I'll describe what I have and the order they came off in, and hopefully
somebody can tell me if I've got enough bits...

For the main part of the reservoir, (working bottom up) using the slighlty
angled aperture in the bottom,  reservoir to master cyl. fitting, washer (looks
like aluminum?), slides up through hole, nut goes on top.

For the internal secondary reservoir, using the flat opening, fitting, washer,
up through opening, rubber gasket, large washer fits inside gasket hole,
secondary tube slides down onto fitting, nut on top.

Anything missing? TIA

Cameron Joyce
'59 TR3A (waiting for brakes...)
'54 TR2 (retirement project?)