RE: re:needlemania

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: re:needlemania
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:10:10 -0700
> Of course, those in the UK can pop down to their local "rolling road" (I
> hear there's one on
> every corner ;-).  Are there any in North America at all? I mean, what do
> the racers do to set up their engines?

Don't know what it's like up there, but down here in LaLa land, there are
plenty of "chassis dyno" shops around.  There was even a portable one at
last year's Triumphest !

> There are a lot of DriveClean pollution test centres here in
> Ontario, but I
> think they only test at
> modest loads and 40 kph,

I asked when having one of my "LBC support vehicles" inspected ... the
operator said he had a larger machine than usual and it could handle up to
150 hp at the rear wheels.  He offered me a very good price, if I would come
when his emission inspection business was light, but I've not had occasion
to try it.

Randall