TR3 Engine question

To: "Car, Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Engine question
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:27:55 +0200 KOLBEINSEN/HAUGESUND/FMC/US(Release 6.5|September 26, 2003) at 08.06.2004 00:33:00, Serialize complete at 08.06.2004 00:33:00
Hi List

This may seem as some stupid questions, but I still hope for your
opinion....

Q1: During installation of my rebuilt TR3 (low port) head, I read in the
Service Instruction Manual that I should omit the washers under the head
nuts.  Why are they then listed in the partlist??  If I should use
washers, do they need to be hardend og could I use e.g stailess steel?

Q2: When I bought the basket case of a car, a set of Rocker Spacer Set was
included.  These equally sized spacers are supposed to replace the
springs, but the one in the midle does not fill up the gap - thus
resulting in wobeling rocker arm.  Anyone used these and do I miss
something?

Q3: Could I use std. split pins to fix the end caps on the rocker shaft?

TIA

Terje Kolbeinsen
Norway
TS 15715 frame up rebuild