RE: TR4 front engine plate question answered

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 front engine plate question answered
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:42:13 -0400
Thanks to all for the advice.

What I did to fix the warp took 15 minutes using my HF 12 ton press. I
first marked chalk lines on the convex portion of the bends (the back of
the plate), then working from the back of the plate and the apex of the
bend, I used a 2"x3" piece of 3/16" scrap steel under the press and
placed it across the bend as I worked away from the apex. After 15
minutes or so I have a perfectly straight piece again. Can't believe I
didn't think of the press first!

PeterK

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:19:58 -0400
From "Kentech Motorsports" <kentech at midmaine.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 front engine plate question

Maybe I'll use a Bfh and pound it flat - I can't visualize the
adjustable wrench working except on the edge and mine is "warped"
several inches up. Maybe the previous dpo liked dumping the clutch for
fast starts and torqued the plate?

PK