Using 72 TR6 hazard rocker switch in a 71 TR6

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Using 72 TR6 hazard rocker switch in a 71 TR6
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 23:21:07 -0400
Has anyone tried to use a 72 hazard rocker switch in a TR250 to 71 TR6?

The TR250 - 71 TR6 hazard rocker switch is either unavailable or very
expensive $150.00. The 72 switch is a lot less.

It looks like the 72 TR6 hazard rocker switch is similar but not exactly
the same as the TR250 to 71 TR6 hazard rocker switch.

 From Dan Master's book, the TR250 - 71 TR6 hazard rocker switch has 4
leads while the 72 has 6 leads. From the wiring diagrams it looks like I
could use the 6 leaded 72 switch in the 71.

The 72 switch appears to be too wide to fit the slot in the 71 dash.

Is it just a matter of making the 71 dash board slot a little wider and
using the correct 4 leads of the 6 leaded 72 TR6 rocker switch?

Also, the 72 hazard rocker switch I have does not want to "rocker".
Seems stuck. Can anyone suggest a lubricant to use that would not affect
the electrics of the switch? I have some electrical cleaner in a spray
can. I will try that first.

Thanks,

Don Malling