TR2/3 early starter & later transmissions 0.70j

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/3 early starter & later transmissions 0.70j
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:07:21 -0400
Good day list:
Wondering if it is possible to fit a later transmission (TR4) case on to an
earlier engine with the bullet nose starter? Any modifications required to
the transmission case?
Conversely, is it possible to fit the later all-syncro gear set into a very
early TR2 gearbox? I have an A type overdrive unit, so also would need to
use my early, longer output shaft. Is there compatibility with the early
and later all-syncro gear sets?
Just acquired a TR4 box and wondering if having a first gear syncro would
be worth the trouble of trying to transplant this feature and still retain
the O/D?
Thanks for any of your insights.

Angelo Graham
'55 TR2