Re: performance add-on (no LBC)

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: performance add-on (no LBC)
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:40:25 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Actually the effective speed, or point, where a wing becomes functional,
ie. begins to apply down force, is directly proportional to it's surface
area.  As the wing is inclined into the wind the surface area can be
reduced to produce an equivalent force.  Thus for a Hyundai to get down
force at any effective speed the wing should really be made of a surf
board.

Message text written by "Philip E. Barnes"
>This morning I noticed a Hyundai in the parking lot with an outsized
wing on the deck lid. Closer inspection reveals it to be a snowboard
painted white, mounted to the deck with a couple pieces of 2x4. I
should take a picture.
<
--
        Best Regards,