Re: Musings - Muir book

To: "Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Subject: Re: Musings - Muir book
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:25:46 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems wrote:

> Nick wrote:
> "In John Muir's excellent "How to keep your Volkswagen alive" repair manual...
>
> When I had VWs, this book impressed me as the most informative and
>entertaining
> auto maintenance book I have ever owned or read. If you've never seen this
>book,
> find it and read it just for fun. It might make you want a VW. Sadly, my copy
> got away with my '69 Camper Bus in 1985.

There is a reprint out of the original, in slightly smaller format,
and expanded to include some info on Rabbits, I believe.

> Someone should write one in this style for TRs.

Years ago, I thought about doing just that, but trying to find
someone to do the equivalent of the R. Crumb drawings was difficult.
They really do help make the book. And, well, there just aren't that
many old hippies around needing backyard mechanical advice for their
Triumphs.... *smile*

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance.