Spacer for Hub Adaptor on TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spacer for Hub Adaptor on TR3A
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:37:02 EST
While removing the wire hub adaptor and disc brake caliper on my 1960 TR3A, I
found a spacer ring placed between the hub adaptor and the hub.  The spacer
is .3" thick, and the studs are 1" in length measured from the face of the hub.

I assume this spacer is an alternative to installing shorter studs
appropriate to the wire hub adaptor.  Is there any downside to using the spacer
as
opposed to installing shorter studs (or cutting the existing ones)?  I do not
have
spacers on the rear wheels, and the studs there are appropriate for the wire
hub adaptor.

TIA,

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A