RE: Strange Idle Problem in the 6..

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Strange Idle Problem in the 6..
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:10:03 -0800
> Ok, this one has me stumped.  With the car warmed up I set the idle to
> 800 RPM.  It is nice and steady with no fluctuations.  (I have the
> Ignitor installed and an HD8 SU carb) .  I'll take her out on the road,
> drive around a while and when I stop, the idle sits a nice steady 1050!

Here's few idle thoughts :

Where is your carb drawing intake air from ?  If it's from under the hood,
changes in intake air temp could be causing the idle rpm to rise.

Does your HD8 have any kind of temperature compensation on it (like a
waxstat) ?

What have you done with the vacuum retard system ?

Vacuum advance ?

Randall