RE: * She is back *

To: "'Wayne'" <wayne@brazinski.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: * She is back *
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:33:05 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:48 PM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: * She is back *

Hi Everyone!
My Mum and Dad are over from the UK for a week and my Dad and I just
spent
some time with the "3".  As everyone suggested the rotor was the cause
of
the car crapping out.  I received six (I know it's a lot) rotors from
BPNW
today as promised and got the car going.  I was VERY happy with BPNW by
the
way - the guy was knowledgable, nice, and did what he said he would.
NFI.

That was after the hour it took to remove the old starter and put in the
replacement from TS78910.  The old starter was barely turning over....

Thanks again for all the help and I now have 5 more rotor blowouts
before I
need AAA again!

By the way - both rotors that blew in the few hundred miles were the non
rivited kind.  The new Lucas rotors are the riveted kind so we will see
if
they are part of the failing batch.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Wayne

Wayne,
I would suggest that if you are having repetitive problems destroying
rotors, you might have bigger problems.  If the distributor shaft is
loose and wobbling inside its bushings, it could be putting undue
pressure on the rotor against the contacts in the cap leading to such a
problem as you may be having.

Joe