Re: Getting closer to the road

To: <adam@adambeasley.com>
Subject: Re: Getting closer to the road
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:00:19 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Adam Beasley wrote:
Is the Rocker Feed Kit a worthwhile investment?  How difficult is it to
install?  What kind of modifications need to be made?

Adam, IMHO it's an utter waste of money. For normal day to day use, no
Standard-Triumph engine in good condition needs it. I was watching the valve
gear on both my cars today - on cold idle, and plenty of oil was dribbling
through the rockers. If your engine looks as though it's being starved of
oil, it's almost certain there's a sludge build-up in the pedestals and
along the rocker shaft. An hour or so spent in stripping down the rocker
shaft assembly, thoroughly washing all the components in clean kero (or
whatever) and using a pull-through or plenty of compressed air down the
shaft, will soon shift all the muck. Poke some welding wire in the drillings
on each rocker to ensure full supply - and you're there. Save the money
you'd have spent on the external feed for something else.

Jonmac

"In the Shadow of my Father" aka "Life at Triumph"
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook

---