Carburator Rebuilds--TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carburator Rebuilds--TR3A
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:38:48 -0500
Hello, everyone.

At this stage of my frame off, I'm weighing the options of sending my stock
TR3A side draft carbs to a reputable shop for rebuild, or taking on the job
myself.

The tricky part, as I recall from long ago on the MGB, is centering the jets
and setting the floats, then presetting the mixture close enough to start the
car.  (The rebushing of the throttle shafts would have to be farmed out.)

On a 1 to 5 scale of the wrench meter, how difficult are these carbs for the
amateur, and any recommendations for reasonably priced, good rebuilders out
there?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Off the frame and in pieces...my wife now surveys the damage and
says,  "Are you sure you can put all that back together?")