Re: Dashpot oil fill questions

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil fill questions
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:29:02 -0000
Hi Jim
I have just tried my latest fluid for dampers, 30 wt fork oil for
motorbikes, this is what I put in my front struts on my PI, having some left
I thought I would try it, also in a Spity, it works well, I have tried just
about every oil from SU oil through to Hypoid 90, definitely if your engine
is sound go thicker as the acceleration will be better the thicker the oil!
If your engine is not sound don't accelerate!
Fill to the top of the bit that moves, run the engine with the damper
removed, blip the throttle and watch down the hole for movement and there
you have it!

Graham.