RE: TR6 trunnions..oil or grease?

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 trunnions..oil or grease?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:00:18 -0800
> I'll have to assume that the TR is like the Spit, in which case they will
> hold oil,

Graham, just to be clear, it depends on which TR we are talking about.  The
TR5/250/6 do indeed have trunnions that will hold oil, however the TR2/3/4
generally do not.

> what I will say though is that in all the years I owned a Herald
> and Now with the Spitfire, I have not found a gun that will hold oil!

I just went out and tried it (working into a "dummy load", ie a grease zerk
screwed into a pipe cap), my "Mercury Marine" gun seems to hold oil just
fine.  Since the oil is in a plastic "toothpaste tube", I could just as
easily unscrew the tube and screw it's cap back on, but the gun seems to be
doing fine.

Randall