RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:57:25 -0800
> Randall, I'm must wondering whether it would make a difference
> that this car
> will be sitting for 4-5 months a year.  Would there likely be more of a
> moisture problem from it collecting in the pipes and sitting for long
> periods here than for a car driven daily, and would it be enough to make a
> difference?

I honestly don't know the answer to that.  I believe that unleaded gasoline
is far kinder to exhaust systems than the old leaded was ... but I really
can't prove that except to note that all my exhaust systems have lasted much
longer with unleaded (including my 1980 Chevy that went to it's grave last
year with the original exhaust still on it).  My TR3 mufflers did have "weep
holes", which I believe is as original, to let any collected water run out.

Randall