RE: Not Good news

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Not Good news
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:51:40 -0400
> > Kinda doubt that--the reason cylinders have the same reading when
> > there's a gasket leaking between them is because the
> > pressures are equalizing through leakage.

Umm, I'm not so sure this is always true.  If the two cylinders are
adjacent in the firing sequence, their valve overlap won't be the
same from one to the other.  (I confess I haven't thought this out to
its logical conclusions.)  Also, I would think a leaking head gasket
could allow more gases to escape one way than another if it "flapped
in the breeze" the right way.

Just my $.007.

--
Jim Muller