Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: "John Peacock" <mnypitgarage@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:13:01 -0700
Cc: "Triumph Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 04:56  PM, John Peacock wrote:

>>> "> The lack of Triumph in my driveway is overwelming.
>> We each make our own choices as to what is most important to us."
>
> Did you drive that in bumper to bumper traffic in the rain most nights
> in
> the summer in over 100 degree temps?

Where I live it almost never rains between memorial day and holloween
and 80 degrees is considered o be a very hot day.  However during the
winter and early springs months it has been known to rain for weeks at
a time.

> The TR I had when I first
> started this drive could not defrost the windshield fast enough so as
> not to
> hit the vehicle in front of me

Like I said, the TR stays home on rainy days & the Land Rover comes
out.  Several ears back I switched to the factory optional headed
windscreens.  That completely eliminated windscreen fogging.

>  and the Land Rover I owned spent most of the time  broken in my
> garage.

Interesting thing about Series Land Rovers.  In the owners manual is a
maintenance schedule.  If one follows the schedule religiously they are
extremely reliable.  There is the reason why Series Land Rovers were
the first vehicles people in much of the world ever saw.  Reliability,
simplicity and ruggedness.  But in poor condition & not properly
maintained they can be a reliability nightmare.

>   HAS TO
> BE absolutely reliable because nobody lives out here that I can catch
> a ride
> with.

Lot to be said about a back up car.  You have your own loaner.

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
      Marigold Ltd.
      www.marigoldltd.com