Re: tr3 wanted for restoration

To: "rudyeb" <rudyeb@adelphia.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr3 wanted for restoration
From: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:36:42 -0500
Hi Rudy -
Keep me in the loop on this because I have a dissasembled TR3A I might be
willing to sell very cheap to a good home.  I see that your email says you
are looking for an assembled car so mine might not fit however.

I'm going to buy a running TR3A because of time contrainsts and the fact
that the wife is sick of looking at my project in the garage!!!

I have totally sand blasted the frame and painted it with POR 15.  The body
is undergoing welding as we speak (by me).

Quite a bit more welding needs to be done but you will find this with any
car in your price range..  In the case of my car we can see exactly where it
needs to be done and there are no surprises.

I also have new fiberglass front outer fenders and new inner/outer sills.
Most of the body panels are in fair to great shape.  The car is a late
TR3A - TS78910.  Four 48 spoke wire wheels are included.  The engine has
been dissasembeded by the machine shop prior to rebuilding.  It needs the
crank ground and either rebored or new cylinder liners/pistons.  The engine
matchs the body and I have the British Motor Heritage certificate for the
car.

I also have the body mounting kit from TRF.  I also have duplicate
steering/suspension setups and 2 rear ends.

The interior needs to be re-done.

In summary - it's a bit of work from where we are to get her done but you
can see what needs to be done which is very important.  Speaking from
personal experience you need to be VERY careful with these cars, and this
price range.  Odds are the Sills and floorboards will be rotted out and the
points where the body brackets mount to the frame.  Look carefully at the
trunk floor and the spare tire area as well.  Who knows where else.

Feel free to write if you like - no obligation on the car.

Wayne
Plainfield, IL TS 78910