Re: TR3 Head Aluminum Threaded Plug

To: bbrewer@qnet.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Head Aluminum Threaded Plug
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill,
I did intall mine and sealed it Permatex aviation.
All things considered, today I would go the the hardware store and
buy a cheap plumbing steel plug. I just could not get the Al plug to
go past half way in and I did not have a screwdriver or bit wide
enough to really give some torque without deforming the plug. The
hardware store types have a large square head that you can grap with
a wrench (I have one on one of my spare heads).
By the way, since we are talking regular hardware store stuff, I am
sure teflon tape would work fine too...

Francois
RHD OEW TR3A