Summer Party/VTR Packing List

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer Party/VTR Packing List
From: Gel1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:03:26 EDT
I'm editor of the Spokes, the Richmond Triumph Register
newsletter. The following is a list produced by RTR member Jim Coleman
and published in the August Spokes. I'm sure this list will be of
interest to those camping at next week's Roadster Factory Summer
Party/VTR Convention.

What to Bring to the Summer Party:

7   Tent
7   Plastic ground cloth for placing underneath the tent.  Purists insist on
this.
7   Metal tent pegs and hammer.  The ground is grassy with rocky substrata.
7   Cheap small rug to put outside your tent.  I have found this is kinda
nice for keeping debris out of the tent. (Add a broom to your list if you
don't bring a rug)
7   Air mattress
7   Sleeping bag, pillow, blankets - BE PREPARED FOR CHILLY, DEWEY NIGHTS
7   Flashlight and batteries
7   Poncho or raincoat
7   Clothespins (2 or 3 will do)
7   Short length of light rope
7   Sunscreen
7   Bug protection for the sweet.  They have never bothered me.
7   Minor maintenance and car cleaning supplies.
7   Talk-About Radios for communicating with each other. (handy but optional)
7   Cooler (Ice available at Roadster Factory all day)
7   Container for carrying water which is available at a spigot at the main
building.
7   Toiletries - particularly including soap, soap container, shampoo,
toothbrush, toothpaste - you know the rest.
7   Towels
7   Flip-flops
7   Mirror that you can hang in the shower if you want to see how bad you
look after day 3
7   Bag to haul all this shower stuff and a change of clothes to the shower
trailer.
7   Casual clothes for 4 days
7   Coat or sweatshirt.  Again, it often gets cold up there.
7   Toilet paper.  Trust me on this.
7   Folding chairs
7   Brew and snacks.  You can get all this in PA, but it is definitely not
just down the street.  The Boy Scouts and their parents provide cooked food
and drinks for reasonable prices all day.  Coffee is served endlessly and a
one-price coffee deal is available for those who like it.  The nearest
restaurant is maybe 5 miles away, but there are lots of places to eat within
a 20 mile radius.  The nearest fuel and convenience store is approximately
one mile away and PA convenience stores do NOT sell brew.
7   Camera

For Your Information:

7   Showers facilities for men and women are in a mobile trailer with hot
water as long as the hot water heaters can keep up.  There are no sinks
inside.  These showers are open around the clock.
7   Toilet facilities are porta johns with adjacent porta sinks.
7   The camping area is completely unshaded.  Also, the Roadster Factory
usually has a circus size tent set up.
7   Although some sites will have access to electricity, most tent campsites
do not have any access to electricity.  Items with plugs should be left at
home with the exception of maybe a hairdryer or an electric shaver that I
believe
can be plugged in at the shower.
7   As with most camping situations I have ever been exposed to, security is
not a problem.  I have never had anything left in a tent tampered with in any
of my previous 8 years at the Summer Party.  The Roadster Factory hires
security for the event that checks your bracelet pass each time you enter the
campgrounds, so outside people are not allowed in.  Security staff drive
around the
grounds all weekend, but it is an easy job because we are such a nice group.

Please keep in mind that the list is based on Jim's experience at many past
Summer Parties, and some things may be different this year. Hope to see you
there, and visit the RTR encampment to find out more about VTR 2004!

Glenn Larson, Spokes Editor
Richmond Triumph Register (Virginia)
Host of VTR 2004