Day of Triumph 2003 Edition

To: net@lists.mv.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Day of Triumph 2003 Edition
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:51:25 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry for the cross post.

If you don't live in/near New England - stop reading this.

If you live in or near New England or happen to be visiting THIS WEEKEND,
you might want to mark Sunday on your calendar and plan to be at the
Museum of Transportation (www.mot.org) in Brookline, MA for the  Nth
edition of Day of Truimph. It might be ther 12th edition.

Day of Triumph is a car show for Triumphs or Triumph powered cars. There
are awards in lots of classes (no details - sorry) and it is generally a
good time for everyone.

There will be a small admission fee to the show (which includes entrance
to the Museum). Entrance to the grounds is free, but you'll have to pay to
see the museum if you want to see the collection. Bottom line - it's
cheaper to enter your car in the show than it is to walk into the museum.
Triumph owners being thrifty types will undoubtedly see the proper method
here. :-)

As far as I know, the only big deal this year is ART BAKER'S TR6. But I'm
sure we'll have the usual good turnout and we'll be able to turn a nice
donation into the museum (Hint: see entrance fee). The Museum invites us
back every year because we turn a nice gift over to them. Quid pro Quo.

We we hit the magic tonne (100 cars)? Who knows? But it'll be a bang-up
event for sure. BE THERE IF YOU CAN. AND DRIVE YOUR TRIUMPH.

rml
p.s. rumor has it that the rain gods will wait 'till we're all safely
home this year.