TR2/3 wings and Dum Dum

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/3 wings and Dum Dum
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:26:11 -0700 FILETIME=[7F68CE60:01C34BD8]
I'm now fitting the front wings back on the body.  I noticed when removing
them that there was some type of tarey (sp?) substance between the wings and
the inner wheel sills.  In reading William's book, he mentions using dum
dum.  What is the purpose?  My wings fit exact right now, with no room for
anything else.  If the purpose is waterproofing, then I would think that
leaving it open would facilitate the draining away of the moisture.  If it
is sound deadening, then could that not be accomplished with caulking?

David Gunn
TR2 TS3388L